I wish we could, "tag" people in the forum posts!

Is there any possibility of this?? For example, I just posted about hosting a Zoom grant funding-themed Zoom in a reply to one of Claudia’s other posts. If i could tag other forum users like Nan or Alyssa in the post (just like you do on social media) that sure would help to get the right eyes on the right topics!!

@leynalightman Yes you can!

Well, well. Look at that! Why didn’t it work from me? Testing @ClaudiaCarter @nan

Who are you, @JakeM ? HA

@leynalightman testing. This is cool. Also, did you download it to your phone? I find it nice to have easy access to it.

No! But I want to test out the app. Is there a link you could offer @ClaudiaCarter ?

1 Like

When I open the Discussion on my phone there was a message that ask me to get it on my phone. Now I cannot remember how I did it. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: @leynalightman

@leynalightman I’m from the software development co. iPhone App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/discourse-hub/id1173672076 Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discourse&hl=en_US

2 Likes

Hi again, @JakeM !
I’m trying to understand the capabilities of this app the best I can because i will be explaining it to our farmers and promoting! I am running into some issues because I want to be totally aware of new comments so I can reply promptly. I’m finding that I don’t get any updated unless I actually go to the trouble of navigating to the site and looking for updates. This troubles me because people won’t stay engaged in conversation threads if they aren’t told that people are interacting with their comments. Can I turn on more effective notifications somehow? I have already downloaded and am using the app and as far as I can tell I have added all possible notifications. I would like either an email or another phone-based notification please. Tagging @ClaudiaCarter because she is the primary site administrator

@leynalightman Users do receive email notifications if tagged. See screenshot below. Mobile notifications are more advanced and not supported in the current installation.

1 Like

Welp, okay! I stand corrected because I got an email when you replied- LOL. There’s something more I’m wanting though…because somehow these dialogues get going for days and I don’t realize it. Maybe I’m wanting updates when ANYONE engages in a topic I pose? @ClaudiaCarter help me out here- what more do we need from this tool?

1 Like

Yes. Is there a way we can have click an ON for receiving notifications on our phones when somebody posts anything? even if they do not tag us? This could be through the phone shortcut… @JakeM @leynalightman thank you.

1 Like

The app gives you a lot of these options, I don’t know about the web version.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m using the app. I think it would help if there were phone notifications…

2 Likes

Oh ok, I see what you are saying.

2 Likes

Thanks for throwing me a bone! LOL.
Ok…I JUST got the email notification that you posted this but you ACTUALLY commented this morning. So it was many hours of delay for the notification. That could be the issue! @JakeM @ClaudiaCarter

ALSO. You are AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for playing on this, Captain!!

1 Like

Hi @claudiacarter @ccarter and @jakem ! I’m testing out an app I haven’t used yet with the forum called Fig to see if it’s better than Discourse Hub in advance of our zoom intro to the forum tomorrow!

@jon_eck please see what I just told Claudia above! I’m checking out a different app called Fig. I think it could be better because you can track certain posts. The interface is also better with more options.