Hello, good to be here

Hello all I am glad to be here an look forward to learning and sharing with you all. I am the director of Safe Haven Sustainable Farms www.shfarms.org We are a non-profit farm that has many different activities that bring families together. One of our biggest projects is teaching college age men and women sustainable practices and life/character skills on the farm. www.growingintorah.com I have wanted to get into small acreage grain production for quite some time and we are now ready to do that, so I am excited to be here.

3 Likes

Welcome! Wow super cool! Would love to talk on the phone! Are you folks new to grain growing?
leynalightman@gmail.com

Hello lenalightman,

Yes, we are new to grain growing. (actually used to do it when I was a kid though) I will email you with my contact info.

2 Likes

Fantastic! Looking forward to connecting.

That’s great to hear! We are new this year as well, and we have had to figure out a lot of stuff, I would be happy to share any of the plans that we have for our first crop with you.

Jon Eck
Eckjonathan@gmail.com

1 Like

Great, I will email you, I would love to hear what you are doing.

2 Likes

@bkbarnes Welcome! If you ever need anything from our crew at the CA wheat commission or to get in contact with our amazing UCD wheat people, please email me at carter@californiawheat.org . I am Claudia Carter.
:slight_smile:Welcome!

1 Like