Grains & Revolution

Hello,

My name is Cassandra Malis and I’m a program manager at CRAFT (the center for regional agriculture, food, and transformation) at Chatham University in Pittsburgh. We’re a center focused on creating a more equitable, sustainable, and inclusive food system through research, food business support, and education. Currently we are leading multiple programs that focus on supporting the local grains economy.

We are planning a virtual conference for November 5th entitled Grains & Revolution, with the goal of amplifying and centering BIPOC voices in the grains industry, and highlighting the diversity of grains. We will have a panel on Community Grain Projects, Women of Color Working in Grain, and Seed Saving and Food Sovereignty. There will also be a happy hour event and multiple cooking and baking demonstrations throughout the day.

We are excited to announce that Zion Tadesse from Sheba Farms LLC will be a speaker in the Women of Color Working in Grain panel!

We hope you all can join us for this exciting day. Registration is free!

Registration here, and learn more about the conference here.

Thank you!
Cassandra

2 Likes

Oh DANG! I’m sorry I didn’t see this! HUZZAH! Stoked that California’s own Zion Tadesse of Sheba Farms will be speaking at this! Here is the info on her teff farm:
Shebafarms.org
@ShebafarmsLLC
https://www.facebook.com/pg/shebafarms

Everyone go register for Revolutions and grains please :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ll provide more reminders as the date approaches.