Civil Eats article about race and regenerative ag

Some serious grist for the mill in this one…

https://civileats.com/2021/01/05/does-regenerative-agriculture-have-a-race-problem/?utm_source=Verified+CE+list&utm_campaign=dfc67d3774-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_7_3_2018_8_13_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_aae5e4a315-dfc67d3774-278374121&fbclid=IwAR1Dn1W3SuyeV2e2vR2JqqCLQkJcM9Cl22TXhj_71LaL4Yhj6FkABednN7k

I watched the documentary and read the article… along with several others and opinions. I hope, that we as a community can make positive change and impact for all in the ag industry and life. The level of anger and frustration has at times boiled over to that all non-BIPOC farmers, millers, bakers and chefs are privileged and haven’t paid their dues or earned what they have. Although warranted, sometimes I feel this drowns out the message the movement needs to progress forward. All who support regenerative Ag and the success of those whose goal it is to feed America and make it a better world for the next generation, have my ear and attention. It takes a village, not a village divided. IMHO

1 Like

I’m glad you got to read it and think on it, Drew! Good timing because there’s a relevant event on Friday, February 26th that I learned about from @robbarnett ! Check this out. A session about the roots of regenerative ag and indigenous systems from the Action Network:

1 Like

Leyna, thanks for the heads up. Looks like it’s actually in February. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for checking on that! I’ll amend!